Internship opportunities are usually available throughout the year, but subject to the applicant’s qualifications and grades. Our structured internship program exposes interns to all practice groups in the firm and gives them the opportunity to work closely with partners and associates on active files. A typical internship with our firm will involve:
- On the job training including file management, client relationship management, ethics and related IT skills
- Attending the firm’s social events
- Research on legal issues
- Attending and observing client meetings and conference calls
- Legal writing including drafting or assisting with the preparation of legal opinions, correspondence, court papers, written submissions, contracts and others
- Assisting partners or lawyers with writing articles on legal issues or case updates
- Assisting with trial preparation
- Attending court with the firm’s litigation team to observe court proceedings
Interns are required to prepare an internship report at the end of the program and will be given constructive feedback on their performance.
Our internship placements typically range from 4 – 12 weeks. It is our preference that interns complete at least 1 year of their LLB degree before applying.
Read our application requirements here.
THE DONOVAN & HO INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
Useless laws weaken the necessary laws.
Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.– Mark Petrie